Or, canons, colons, unicorns and other stories. Continuing our relentless march through Nick’s book, The Badly Behaved Bible, we look at the formation of the canon, the problems of translation and the perils of taking the Bible too literally. Also, a lot about why God gave us a story instead of a set of doctrinal bullet points and a DVD box set, and how stories invite us in and involve us. And the difference between the questions ‘Is this true?’ and ‘Did this actually happen?’ A bit of a long one, but there you go.
- How to Survive the Mid-Faith Crisis: Lee Abbey 8-12 June 2020
- Exploring the Enneagram with Dave Tomlinson
- Paying Attention to God: Lee Abbey 2-6 March 2020
- The Badly Behaved Bible on Amazon
- The Badly Behaved Bible on Eden.co.uk
- The Badly Behaved Bible on Hive.co.uk
- The Badly Behaved Bible at Waterstones