This week’s feedback leads us to think about whether church is like a running club, how to use our stories and memories as soul places, and how mid-faithers should read the Bible. We talk about reading big chunks quickly, and small chunks slowly. But can we inhabit the text? And what happens if instead of wrestling with the text, we decide to dance with it. Meanwhile, Joe has suffered from a gas shortage and Nick thinks it’s weird being 60.
Some interesting alternative Bible translations
- Mary Phil Korsak, At the Start: Genesis Made New
- Mary Phil Korsak, Glad News from Mark
- Robert Alter, The Hebrew Bible (also available as separate volumes)
- David Bentley Hart, The New Testament
- N.T.Wright, The New Testament for Everyone