In what can only be described as a ‘low-key’ episode, our heroes meet in a hotel in the countryside somewhere to discuss the future of the podcast, whether Hitler can be forgiven, Stanley Spencer and Joe’s new found fame on another podcast. Also listener Shane gives us some great guidelines on using social media. Plus a brief special guest appearance from our better halves.
Shane’s 10 steps on finding the balance and disengagement:
- Practice the sabbath.
- Do not have your email or social media notifications pushed to your phone ever. Do not have your social media notifications pushed to any device.
- Only check or look at your social media on one device, remove it from all other devices.
- Only check social media once a day. If it is for work, then have set times.
- Fast from food one day or for a set period every week.
- Do not engage with work, news or social media for the first hour of the day, and the last hour of the day before sleep.
- Have a period of quiet time most days and in this time do not look at any media, email, social media, work or news.
- Try and walk in nature, see the ocean, sit in the park for a time most days, combine it with excise if you can.
- Share what you are going to do with someone, a mentor and be kept accountable to change.
- Control email, do not allow it to control you. Find a way.
Stanley Spencer: Sandham Memorial Chapel
Spencer: The Resurrection of the Soldiers